The Association for Vascular Access (AVA) and its Networks are proud to give professionals with an interest in Vascular Access a way to receive and disseminate vascular access educaiton to caregivers, patients and their families. We welcome anyone in healthcare with an interest in this specialty to join us including physicians and other LIPs, nurses, respiratory therapists and students.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive outcomes in vascular access in our region and beyond.
2. Annual Educational Conferences: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for vascular access professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. Our network partners with GOVAN (Greater Ohio Vascular Access Network) and others to give many options for CE credit and ongoing professional development.
3. Involvement: You are also encouraged to join the national AVA for journal access and National Conference discounts. Certification is available through National AVA membership as well.
4. Forum: Future online forum will give regional members a place to reach out for questions from your colleagues.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with other vascular access professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and are encouraged to join the National AVA as well. Be in the "know" to what is happening in your specialty.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at other regional Network meetings as well (GOVAN, MIVAN)
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects. Also, you can benefit from membership with your own facility clinical recognition programs (ie. clinical ladder, etc)
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in vascular access on our forum or submit for the BLOG. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your professional communities and your quality of life.